The area was surveyed every weekend from early June until mid September 2009. Mammal activity was surveyed in three separate weekends between October and December 2009. Surveys were conducted adapting to the following workflow:
- Phase 1: June] Initial photographic survey of forbs, grasses, shrubs, insects and distinct ecosections
- Phase 2: July] Collection and detail pictures of plant specimens for identification; as well as, mapping of tesserae ecosections and ecotones.
- Phase 3: August] Confirmation of plant identification, corroboration of boundaries, further survey of animals active in the area. Preliminary survey of substrate characteristics in identified ecosections.
- Phase 4: September] Survey and identification of late summer blooms.
- Phase 5: October] Systematic sampling and analysis of soils. Identification of insects.
- Phase 6: November/Spring 2010] Confirmation of ash, willow tree and shrub (spring blooming) species.
- Phase 7: June 2009 to Spring 2010] Analysis and correlation of results in terms of biodiversity and functional indices.
- Phase 8: June to August 2010] 2nd year photographic survey of forbs, grasses, shrubs, insects and distinct ecosections. Collection and detail pictures of new plant specimens for identification; as well as, confirmation or remapping of tesserae, ecosections and ecotones. Further survey of animals active in the area.